This class meets and exceeds the minimum requirement to apply for your Michigan Concealed Pistol License. Here at Brimstone Firearm Instruction, we firmly believe that your security is worth more than the bare minimum.
Students will learn: basic pistol marksmanship, defensive marksmanship, how to avoid becoming a victim, dealing with stress of a violent encounter and the aftermath, Michigan Law concerning the use of self defense and lethal force, levels of awareness and more. The class is $100, but groups of 4 or more get a 25% discount ($75). 1st Responders, Teachers, clergy, mental health professionals, veterans get 10% off ($90). Contact the Instructor for discount codes if you want to pay upfront, otherwise the discount will be applied when you complete your payment before class.
Date: Saturday, March 16th
Time: 7:00am to approximately 5:00pm, depending on the size of the class and the skill of the students.
Location: Alto Faith Baptist Church, 6033 Harrison Ave, Alto, MI 49302.
Students should bring:
- Pen or writing utensil
- Handgun that is .22 caliber or larger. No black powder or Single Action Revolvers allowed in class due to safety reasons. If you do not have a handgun, we do offer firearms for rent that include all the ammunition you will need. Please do not purchase a handgun just to attend the class. Purchasing the RIGHT handgun is part of the class instruction
- 2 magazines each with at least a 10 round capacity between the two
- 100rds of ammunition. We will shoot a minimum of 50rds, but often students have to reshoot a stage. If you don’t have ammunition, you can use one of our rentals.
- Ear and eye protection. Prescription eye wear and sunglasses are acceptable for eye protection
- Weather-appropriate clothing. We will be shooting outdoors, rain or shine
- Lunch and refreshments. A refrigerator and kitchen are available at the church. Bottled water and coffee are available for free.
Full payment for the class will need to be made before the start of class.
Students should expect that while beginners can take this course and pass, this is NOT an easy class or a puppy mill course. We are not here to validate your personal shooting habits but to teach you the best foundation of skills to survive a violent and deadly encounter based on your personal ability. Every student is treated as an individual with fairness and respect. We strive to make every student a better shot no matter their skill level while in a safe and fun environment.
Although it is not a requirement, it is highly recommended that beginners take our Intro to Pistol class. This is because you will be learning both basic marksmanship and defensive marksmanship and they are very different. The Intro to Pistol class is offered at a 33% discount if taken before your CPL class for $50 (regularly $75). This class is scheduled on the needs of the student and is usually done in one evening within a few days of the CPL class.
We look forward to seeing you in class!