This class meets and exceeds the minimum requirement to apply for your Michigan Concealed Pistol License. Here at Brimstone Firearm Instruction, we firmly believe that your security is worth more than the bare minimum.
Students will learn: defensive marksmanship, dealing with the aftermath of a traumatic experience, Michigan Law concerning the use of self defense and lethal force, levels of awareness and more. The class is $100, but groups of 4 or more get a 25% discount ($75). 1st Responders, Teachers, clergy, mental health professionals, veterans get 10% off ($90). Contact the Instructor for discount codes if you want to pay upfront, otherwise the discount will be applied when you complete your payment before class.
- Date: Saturday, May 13th
- Time: 7:00am to approximately 5:00pm or later, depending on the size of the class and the skill of the students.
- Location: Alto Faith Baptist Church, 6033 Harrison Ave, Alto, MI 49302.
Students should bring:
- Pen or writing utensil
- Handgun that is .22 caliber or larger. No black powder or Single Action Revolvers allowed in class due to safety reasons. If you do not have a handgun, we do offer firearms for rent that include all the ammunition you will need. Please do not purchase a handgun just to attend the class. Purchasing the RIGHT handgun is part of the class instruction
- 2 magazines each with at least a 10 round capacity between the two
- 100rds of ammunition. We will shoot a minimum of 50rds, but often students have to reshoot a stage. If you don’t have ammunition, you can use one of our rentals.
- Ear and eye protection. Prescription eye wear and sunglasses are acceptable for eye protection
- Weather-appropriate clothing. We will be shooting outdoors, rain or shine
- Lunch and refreshments. A refrigerator and kitchen are available at the church. Bottled water and coffee are available for free. We normally have pizza ordered for students, but this is not possible with current COVID restrictions in place
- a spare magazine pouch is optional to bring. No holsters will be used in this class, however.
Full payment for the class will need to be made before the start of class.
Although it is not a requirement, it is highly recommended that beginners take our Intro to Pistol class. You will be learning defensive marksmanship in this class which is quite a bit different than traditional marksmanship. The Intro to Pistol class is offered at a 33% discount if taken before your CPL class for $50 (regularly $75).
This class will teach how to avoid confrontations, the basics of carrying in public, the responsibilities of being a gun owner, basic firearm safety, the laws of self-defense, where you can carry and cannot, and you will learn the emotional, physical, and spiritual aftermath of a defensive encounter, and more.
We look forward to seeing you in class!